Listen to the full episode here:
We’re delving deep into the world of VA home loans, your key to unlocking the doors of homeownership. Join us as we explore what a VA home loan is, who qualifies for this fantastic opportunity, and the substantial savings it can bring your way. We’ll guide you through the Certificate of Eligibility process, demystify the appraisal process, and unveil cash-out options that extend beyond the Lone Star State. Stick around to discover the credit score requirements, uncover property tax exemptions specific to Texas, and gain valuable insights for selecting the right loan officer. Plus, we’ll be addressing some burning questions from our listeners and encourage you to share your thoughts with us through reviews.
As we wrap up, remember this: with the right knowledge and preparation, your homeownership dreams can become a reality. Tune in now to get the lowdown on all things VA home loans!
[00:00 – 04:00] How VA Home Loans Can Help Service Members Achieve Home Ownership
- Maximum VA loan amount is determined by lender and entitlement
- A down payment may be required depending on the remaining entitlement
- A VA home loan can be used to purchase a primary residence or second/investment property
- Funding fee ranges from 2.1% to 1.25%, disabled veterans are exempt
[04:01 – 08:07] Understanding the VA Loan Certificate of Eligibility and Refinancing Options
- VA loan funding fee can be paid in full by seller concession
- The VA appraisal process requires a certificate of eligibility to be obtained
- VA loans can be used to refinance an existing mortgage with two types of cash out options (outside Texas)
- Credit score requirements vary depending on lender overlays and manual underwrite
- Certificate of Eligibility is required for a VA loan and can be obtained electronically by the lender
[08:08 – 12:34] VA Home Loans: Everything You Need to Know About Obtaining and Using Them
- VA home loans can be used for new construction or renovation of an existing property
- Approval process typically takes 24 to 48 hours, or up to 5 days if manual underwriting is needed
- Choose a loan officer with experience in VA home loans – let the loan officer know if you have a disability rating
- Reach out if you have any more questions!
“Your certificate of eligibility is the golden ticket. Without that you wouldn’t qualify for a VA home loan.” – Richard Sarey
Have you got questions? Please email me at email@example.com or visit www.alliancemtggroup.net.